Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default How do you drill through stainless steel at home?

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 17:28:53 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 09:21:29 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
1. Do you have a bench grinder?
2. Shrink tube and rope.
3. Do a knife handle wrap.
4. Chinese finger trap.
5. Compression fitting.
6. Capacitive discharge spot welding

Hi Jeff,
Actually every one of those would work!

You're very clever (we should invite you to our weekly
"inventor's lunch" up in Palo Alto on Wednesdays).

I've been needing to buy a bench grinder for years,
so, maybe I'll use this as my need-based tooling!

BTW, the chinese-finger-trap seems the most clever!

I have some Cable Hangers..which are a finger trap secured to a 1/2"
conduit threaded connector. For hanging drops from the center hole of
a blank 4x box cover. Might be easily converted to this use. They
finger trap is made from steel cable (not stainless unfortunately)

Gunner

1. Lie