Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_2_] Peter Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Saga Insurance - flat roof inspection

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:00:47 +0000 (UTC), dmc@puffin. (D.M.Chapman)
wrote:

I got a quote from Tesco online for my insurance renewal with all my details
Identical to the renewal they had sent me. 150 quid cheaper.

I then rang them and spoke to their price match dept (who at the time promised
to beat any equiv quote).

They were a bit confused then I gave "Tesco insurance" as the cheaper company
as apparantly that wasn't on their list of competitors on the computer :-)

In the end they rang back and beat their own price :-)

Last year the renewal for my Tesco car insurance came in at £700, £200
increase on the year before because of an 'at fault' claim and despite
the replacement car being cheaper and smaller. Remembering that the
renewal included breakdown/recovery that I no longer needed, I got a
quote from the Tesco website that was about £50 less, taking removal
of the breakdown/recovery into account. Knowing that they would 'see'
I had been on the website, I rang and asked for the breakdown/recovery
to be removed. Before I could say anything about the online quote I
was put on hold for a few minutes and then offered renewal for £404,
which I accepted. £300 saved for the price of a phone call.