Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default Saga Insurance - flat roof inspection

In article ,
Sam Plusnet wrote:

They claim to match or better any equivalent quote from another insurer
- which sounds great.

In order to do this, you have to have a written quote which contains
your name, address, post code, DOB, _full_ details of cover, T&Cs, your
aunties pet's name, colour of underwear etc. etc.

I got a quote from Tesco online for my insurance renewal with all my details
Identical to the renewal they had sent me. 150 quid cheaper.

I then rang them and spoke to their price match dept (who at the time promised
to beat any equiv quote).

They were a bit confused then I gave "Tesco insurance" as the cheaper company
as apparantly that wasn't on their list of competitors on the computer :-)

In the end they rang back and beat their own price :-)

Since you can't dictate to an insurer exactly what they choose to write
on their quotes, I doubt if Saga are going to be matching many (any)
quotes.

This wasn't an issue as it was the same insurer, and the same policy. Only
difference was the renewal price was 480, the online price was 330 quid :-)

I'd have told them to get lost and moved but a)we've had really good
customer service from them and b)I'm sure they are all as bad

Darren