Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

In article om,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
bert ] wrote:

Is it still an offence to use abusive language over the public
telephone system?

Was it ever? It is/was an offence to transmit obscene language
(wireless) at one time, but I'd guess that is rarely enforced these
days. ;-)

What do you think malicious calls are and how they are treated?

You don't know the difference between malicious and abusive?

If I called you a c**t - that's abusive.
If I call you a thieving c**t - that's malicious.

But the BT definition of mailcious calls is:

"Malicious calls - calls that aim to distress you"

IMHO responding on a call made by someone to you falls outwith that
definition. Whether other definitions (including, of course, formal
legal definitions such as exist, or precedents) also require the call to
have been made with the intent of causing distress, is another question...

--
Rod