Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Lighting question

"Steve B" wrote:
What spectrum of light is good for a pool table? I have a two socket large
base bulb fixture. I can lower it, and right now, it is 35" up from the
surface of the table. Right now, I am using two 100 watt frosted bulbs.
Smaller halogens just light up two smalls spots. Even the two hundreds of
watts I have now is slightly underlit. I have seen lots of different types
of lights at the store, touting such words as spectrum, and Kelvin, and all
sorts of non-decipherable descriptions.

Is there a light standard to the industry that is used over a pool table?
Something I could go to the borg and ask for?

Steve

I wouldn't go to the borg, I'd call this company or a similar one...

The Billiard Warehouse 888-809-7665

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/lighting/index.htm

Most of the pendant lights say that they can handle three150W incandescent
bulbs. Some of the longer ones can hold 400W worth of CFLs.

There no mention of color, but their customer service reps might know.

DAGS "pool table lighting" for other sources