Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Lighting question

What spectrum of light is good for a pool table? I have a two socket large
base bulb fixture. I can lower it, and right now, it is 35" up from the
surface of the table. Right now, I am using two 100 watt frosted bulbs.
Smaller halogens just light up two smalls spots. Even the two hundreds of
watts I have now is slightly underlit. I have seen lots of different types
of lights at the store, touting such words as spectrum, and Kelvin, and all
sorts of non-decipherable descriptions.

Is there a light standard to the industry that is used over a pool table?
Something I could go to the borg and ask for?

Steve