Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Mar 9, 11:10*pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 3/9/2013 9:21 PM, Soupe du jour wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 06:42:07 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Electric vehicles are wonderful for the capabilities they have. The
electric car can never take the place of a gasoline powered vehicle
until it has the range and convenience of what we have now. Perhaps
a small nuclear reactor would give an electrically driven vehicle the
ability to travel long distances without having to stop every 50 miles
to recharge the battery. My concept of vehicle range is one that travels
far enough and long enough so that I must stop to empty my bladder
before the vehicle runs out of power. ^_^

Plug-in hybrids will probably be the best compromise once they get a
bit better, and for a while after that until electrical storage
technologies get good enough that electrical vehicles become practical
for everyone.

The real question with most of these technologies is: Do we want to
develop them, or do we want to wait and buy them from the Chinese? I
vote for investing in these types of things now so that we will own
the technology.

The P.L.L.C.F. want to force them on the population before they're ready
for prime time. I can think of many times an electric vehicle
would serve me just fine but I often must drive across the state and
I can only afford to own, license and insure ONE vehicle. So it will
have to be a gasoline powered vehicle. ^_^

TDD

All electric vehicles should come pre wired with a hitch.

So the all electric vehicle could have a small trailer with a gasoline
engine hitched to it for the occasional long trip.

Trailers could be owned or rented for the occasional user