Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default OT -- Windows 8

Dave wrote:
On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 01:47:51 -0500, Bill
http://www.amazon.com/High-Quality-B...ds=hdmi+to+usb

Thank you. I have this one on my Amazon "wish list":
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-H...I289UCEVO10GOX

That one you have selected is HDMI on both ends. It will only work if
your video card has an HDMI output. Otherwise, you're going to have to
go with a USB to HDMI cable.

Well, that's good to know. I will be sure to check that the unit I get
has an HDMI output jack. I was rather taking it for granted that an HD
laptop would have that--and I know it's not good to assume...

My wife talked me into going to Best Buy tonight (really), and I was
surprised how
many different laptops and tablets they had. Virtually all had Windows
8. There are
definitely more 1080P units than they had just a few months ago, and
more afffordable
ones too.

So am I to understand that you can make Windows 8 play just like Windows7?
I should have tried it while I was at the store...

Bill