Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default OT -- Windows 8

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 21:34:51 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I have a friend that is the head IT engineer for a school system
here. We get together and test out bourbons and smoke cigars and
talk things over in general.

He assured me at our last outing that I needed to buy myself a copy of
Windows 7 and put it aside for later use. He snarled and bristled for
a half hour about all the things that were wrong with Win 8, and
assured me it was as bad as the change to Vista from XP, and probably
even worse.

According to his opinion, 8 was designed to be compatible with the
Windows Phone and its upcoming OS, not for desktops or laptops.

Yet another misfire from the good folks at Microsoft.

Robert

Wonder what SP1 of 8 will address, or will they continue make a IBM
like decisions when the PC emerged?