Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Saga Insurance - flat roof inspection

On 09/03/2013 16:53, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 16:27:10 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 09/03/2013 11:36, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
Our insurance with Saga is up for renewal.

Before you do that you might want to go and listen to today's Radio 4
Money Box programme and then get some alternative quotes!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r4yth

This year there is a new endorsement which says that any flat roof must
be inspected at least every 8 years.

Presumably this means that you will need a certificate from a builder
or roofer signed and dated.
Otherwise how do you prove that it was inspected?

While I can see that regular inspection is a good thing (as with all
other aspects of a house) this seems to be yet another item where you
will have to buy a certificate.

I also wonder what liability said builder or roofer would be taking on
when issuing a certificate to say the roof was O.K.

Does anyone currently have to do this, and if so what does it cost?

Specifically landlords insurance.

Any recommendations for alternatives?

I've been using Quoteline Direct for three years now - good value even
without the Quidco kickback! And they don't jack up the premiums on
renewal either.

But no experience of claims though.
--
David