Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default HF SCMS update

Larry Blanchard wrote:
I went to the HF sidewalk sale this morning. I got there about 10
minutes after they opened. There were 2 of the 12" double bevel SCMS
sitting there. Both were already sold and waiting to be loaded. But
I got a raincheck.

I commented that HF didn't usually issue rainchecks for sidewalk
sales. I was informed in an exasperated tone (not directed at me)
that they did when @!#$ corporate only sent them 2 of a hot seller!

BTW, the sale ad shows list price as $199. The web site shows it as
$299. When I got my raincheck, the computer showed $299. Somebody
goofed :-).

The raincheck is good for 30 days. I'll see if they get any in in
that time.

Heh! I got mine on Friday afternoon. My local store still had a mound of
them, but one of the clerks said they were going fast.

I got the saw home and set up. Impressed I was; the sucker is built like a
tank!

I've got some more observations over in alt.home.repair, but there's one
additional:

* If sawing off someone's head, be sure they don't look up - they may be
blinded by the laser.