Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Saga Insurance - flat roof inspection

On 09/03/2013 13:26, Lobster wrote:
On 09/03/2013 11:36, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
Our insurance with Saga is up for renewal.

Nuff said. I do hope you've tried shopping around a bit; they are
notoriously expensive. Many (all?) insurers rely on customer inertia,
or lack thereof, when it somes to unquestioningly accepting their
renewal premiums. Which, considering they specifically target the
elderly, strikes me as being particularly nefarious.

I got caught out myself when I took out a new home contents policy with
them just after my 50th birthday - they were very good value - but
didn't realise the *******s had signed me up to an auto-renewing policy;
unfortunately I dropped the ball and before I realised and had time to
cancel, I'd already paid a premium about double the previous years. Will
never touch them again with a bargepole.

+1
It's hardly ever beneficial to have the same insurance company two years
running.