Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Concrete Path - Painting ????? please help

On Friday 08 March 2013 17:02 Mia wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Hi, I have a concrete path with steps leading to my front door, and it
is an eyesore. I dont want to hire somebody to dig it up, due to
expense and problems with ?pipes, drains, and the path extends down the
side of house also, with steps to my front door.

I was wondering about painting it, with floor paint with sand mixed
in. Has anybody done this ? I know you can get special concrete
floor paint, that lets the concrete breathe - normal masonry paint
flakes apparently. But I dont know what the eventual effect would
be.

There are some concrete resurfacing companies out there, but think
they would charge thousands.

Thank you, Mia

Have you consisidered a concrete *stain* instead of paint? Might be more
subtle and last better.

Reading this on the web? See: