Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default OT -- Windows 8

On 3/8/2013 9:51 PM, PHT wrote:
On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 19:10:54 -0800, Gramp's shop wrote:

Brought home a new laptop today with Windows 8 installed. First
impression: they let a few nutjobs take over the design of this OS when
the A-team was out to lunch. Nothing is intuitive. Simple things, like
moving a file from one folder to another, require one to use Explorer.
Even "my computer" no longer resides on the desktop. There are two
interfaces -- the tiles version and one that kinda mimics the familiar
XP version. The former is loaded with a lot of junk.

It's going to take me hours to get this machine set up -- hours that I
could spend more enjoyably in the shop.

BTW, this is being written on my old machine, which needs to be returned
to my employer come retirement date (May 3).

Larry

This sounds like a very good time to dump the windows OS and install
Linux. A far better OS.

Paul

Which is unfortunately far behind as a consumer product...