Posted to alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_5_] Sjouke Burry[_5_] is offline

Default Buyer Beware

nestork wrote in news:nestork.b7ffbc8
@diybanter.com:

Well, long story short, the three DSO004 batteries I got from BattDepot
simply aren't as good as the Sony NP-FR1 batteries specified for my
camera.

On my Sony DSC-V3 camera, the LCD screen will give you an estimate of
battery life remaining as the battery charge is used up. When the
batteries are fully charged, it'll tell me I have about 195 minutes of
time left.

I charged all three of the DSO004 batteries I got from Battery Depot on
the same charger I use for the Sony NP-FR1 batteries, and all three of
them only charged up to about half the power of the FR1's. When I put
them in my camera, in all three cases it tells me I only have about 95
minutes of usage time available.

So, I'm disappointed, but not completely bummed out.

Calculation of remaining power might be wrong.
The new batteries might have a slightly different "full" voltage.
Lead batts for exampleld type differs from gel types, and agn
batts have yet a somewhat different voltage.
That does not mean that their charge state differs, but it might fool
testers.