Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_8_] Danny D.[_8_] is offline

Default How do you drill through stainless steel at home?

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 19:08:10 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

see if it's magnetic. If it's been work hardened, it will be
slightly magnetic. If not, it will be non-magnetic. If it's very
magnetic, it will be 400 series stainless (contains no nickel).

Hi Jeff,
Interesting diagnostics. The flat part (where I don't want to
attach a cord) is slightly magnetic. The cylindrical handle
(where I do want to drill) is not magnetic at all.

I had not realized how hard stainless steel is!