Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default HF SCMS update

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 17:11:24 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

I went to the HF sidewalk sale this morning. I got there about 10
minutes after they opened. There were 2 of the 12" double bevel SCMS
sitting there. Both were already sold and waiting to be loaded. But I
got a raincheck.

I commented that HF didn't usually issue rainchecks for sidewalk sales.
I was informed in an exasperated tone (not directed at me) that they did
when @!#$ corporate only sent them 2 of a hot seller!

BTW, the sale ad shows list price as $199. The web site shows it as
$299. When I got my raincheck, the computer showed $299. Somebody
goofed :-).

$120 + 20% off coupon = $96 GOOD DEAL!

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wsw...LS-online.html

I bought the discontinued single-bevel model 98194 at a tent sale last year for
the same price. I now wish I had waited for the new model. The laser on mine is
pretty much useless and the saw flexes a bit when lowered and pulled fully
towards me, and I twist the handle. I examined a new 69684 in HF and it feels
quite a bit beefier. Mine is direct drive, the newer model is belt driven with
the motor up higher and more out of the way.

The raincheck is good for 30 days. I'll see if they get any in in that
time.

If HF follows past practices with the 69684 as they did with the 98194, the saw
will be on sale for that same price several more times this year.