Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Out of production small gears???

On 3/8/2013 1:43 AM, James Waldby wrote:

A simple belt drive (straight, not crossed) would run the sandpaper the
opposite direction to the gear drive, unless the motor's reversible.

Not to mention that it can't work as I said anyway (slap forehead moment
occurred not long after posting) since the meshing gears are in same
place of where a belt would be trying to run...

I should just toss the both of 'em out but it's painful decision when
all that's wrong is so simple.

I found the other parts and checked...both the rotor shaft gear and the
mating counter gear are worn very badly and the wear on the counter gear
has had bad effects on its neighbor as well--more than I had remembered.

I'll measure and look thru the catalogs kind folks posted links to and
see if there's anything can find that would fit but would still leave me
w/ the rotor--I suppose if could find it could turn it back to clean
shaft and mount one on it but I'm thinking this is a lost cause.