Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Domin-OH (wow) - working with 1/32 precision ...

Swingman wrote:
On 3/7/2013 2:16 PM, Leon wrote:

And to further support accuracy beyond 1/32", the below link goes to my
desk top which I glued up today. Length 93.5" Height 54" Depth 14.5".
8 dado's in the plywood panels and 12 dado/groves in the front and back
face frames, no butt joints.

Back and front face frames are not identical, back rails are different
length as are the center stiles from the front rails. Back center
stiles are also wider than the front center stiles.

Nothing was cut to fit, all was cut exactly to reflect the plans. Had
any cuts been off this would non have locked together as it did. Whew!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...9515/lightbox/

Damn ... and I was looking forward to coming over and helping you pound on it to fit!!

Looking good!

Had my own "Whew" just a minute ago ... all frame mortises & tenons cut,
aprons and rails done, and dry fit:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...85181 0598658

Routing mortises accurately in curved parts is pucker time, indeed.

No kidding but looking really good!

I still have the curved back rests slats left ... onward.

O'boy,