Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Very odd heating problem

On Mar 7, 8:11*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
jtpr wrote:
On Thursday, March 7, 2013 3:05:58 AM UTC-5, harry wrote:
On Mar 7, 12:44 am, jtpr wrote:

We have lived here for about 5 years and the heat has always behaved
the way it should other then an occasional frozen pipe on the second
floor and a broken circulator.

The house has FHW by Oil, 3 zones: First Floor, Second Floor, Workshop.
*For some reason we have had this odd thing going on for the past week.
*The second floor is constantly hot, like 73 degrees. *The first floor
is steady as it should at 68 degrees.

... Snip ...

What would cause this?
Jim

There will be a zone control valve for each area.

*... Snip ...

Thank you all for the info. *I took a look and could not find zone valves
in my system, just a type of one way valve at the beginning of each run..
So I called the oil company and they sent somebody out that confirmed
this. *One was bad and he replaced it, so all works now.

Thanks again.

-Jim

Umm...wouldn't a valve at the beginning of each run be a "zone valve"?- Hide quoted text -

That's what I was thinking, it's a matter of terminology and
understanding each other's use of English.