Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Why are people so cruel[_2_] Why are people so cruel[_2_] is offline

Default DIY lead shot??

"Bill Dobbins" wrote in message
I have a couple of hundred lbs of lead in sheet and block form that I would
like to turn into shot. I'm looking for either a cheap commercially
available device that will do this or something easy I could make myself
that can do it. I have come across a few commercial devices, but so far
price is too prohibitive (I was hoping to find something in the $50-100
range).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bill

In the good ole days shot towers were used, molten lead was poured
from a calculated height and the shot was formed by the time it hit the
water at the bottom of the tower.