Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Re-roofing Cost?

On 3/7/2013 1:06 PM, wrote:
I have 3 quotes for a tear-off and reshingle of my roof.
The roof has one layer of existing shingles. The shingles
are selling for $100 a square at Lowes. Roof is 40 square.
Estimates work out to $270 to $335 a square. Any sheathing
replacement is $50 a sheet. Job will be #15 lb felt, ice dam
material on lower 3 ft. Double felt on garage roof, which is
low pitch. New ridge vent to be installed along entire peak.

It's in NJ, which is bad enough as far as prices and Im sure
Sandy is still a factor in prices. I need to get it done, so
waiting isn't an option.

Any recent experiences with prices to share?

Long time since I did mine but 2nd roof did not require complete tear
off and while shingles were in bad shape they covered with a longer
warranty textured type shingle which hid any imperfections. I also
skipped ridge vent. Probably been 20 years and my roof still looks good.