Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

In message , Bert
Coules writes
I've had a recent spate of two distinct kinds of cold calls:

"Just a quick two minute survey" calls from a source which my phone's
display can only identify as "International - Out Of Area. These are
real people, possibly in India, and they ask for me by name. I've
tried various techniques to stop them, including telling the caller
that "Mr Coules died last week" and on one occasion actually going
through the entire survey (which took a deal longer than two minutes)
giving false but plausible answers to every question. The calls still
continue.

Automated calls. On answering there's a fractional pause then a
recorded voice.

If there's an answering machine switched on at the time of the call,
both real people and machines just hang up without saying a word.

All this despite my being registered with the TPS.

Bert

TPS has absolutely no force outside the Uk - and very little inside.
--
bert