Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_2_] Peter Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:00:12 +1300, Gib Bogle
wrote:

When people call talking about a survey, or mentioning the name of a
product or company, I just say "Not interested thanks" and hang up. I
actually feel a bit sorry for the people with these ****ty jobs. I
wouldn't have felt sorry for your caller, but then she never would have
got the chance to swear at me.

From yesterday:
'Is that Mr Johnson? We're doing a short 60 second life-style survey
of the people in the Parkside Close area.'
'It's going to be very short because I'm putting the phone down now.'

(A double glazing company has been bothering me for some time with a
ficticious story about me having asked it to call because I had
previously said that I was thinking about having two windows replaced,
unlikely because my house has been fully double glazed for around 20
years. I recently wrote to the company saying that if it happened
again I would bill it for £100 for wasting my time and that I would
take action if it didn't pay such an invoice. I hope the amount has
forced it to remove my name from its lists; if it hasn't it's enough
to make it worth my while to pursue.)