Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

Well what is this all about automated calls saying you need to insure your
wheelchair? or you have outstanding monies owed to you from your recent
industrial injury, or you really need one of our burglar alarms.

A wake up call dear automated person, if you really are interested in the
dubious practice of selling via cold calling employ a uk person and not some
poor oriental or just a recording with a text phone contact at the end.
Better still get a copy of the tps list and abide by it.
Brian

Email:

"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...
Just had a call from 06041623 -
My name is garble (female) phoning on behalf of garble garble. Is your
name ... ... of this address .... .....
Me: It might be
Her: Can I ask a few questions?
Me: go on then
Her: Calls may be recorded for training etc etc
How do you pronounce your christian name?
Me: Hang on a sec, what are you selling, where are you going with this?
Her: You ****in' *******.
Me: LMFAO and thanked her very much.

Half an hour earlier we had some hawker at the door, wifey answered it and
was chatting for quite a while. She came in and said this guy is selling
all sorts of stuff like this chamois leather for £15, he says he's been a
bad boy but is trying to change his life etc etc, yes, I know, hook line
and sinker. So I kindly asked him to sling his hook.
Geeeeeeeeez.