Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle[_3_] Gib Bogle[_3_] is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

On 7/03/2013 1:25 a.m., brass monkey wrote:
Just had a call from 06041623 -
My name is garble (female) phoning on behalf of garble garble. Is your name
... ... of this address .... .....
Me: It might be
Her: Can I ask a few questions?
Me: go on then
Her: Calls may be recorded for training etc etc
How do you pronounce your christian name?
Me: Hang on a sec, what are you selling, where are you going with this?
Her: You ****in' *******.
Me: LMFAO and thanked her very much.

Half an hour earlier we had some hawker at the door, wifey answered it and
was chatting for quite a while. She came in and said this guy is selling all
sorts of stuff like this chamois leather for £15, he says he's been a bad
boy but is trying to change his life etc etc, yes, I know, hook line and
sinker. So I kindly asked him to sling his hook.
Geeeeeeeeez.

I occasionally get a call (presumably automated) that is just silence
for a few seconds, then a woman's voice says "goodbye". The voice is
always exactly the same, i.e. it's recorded.

When people call talking about a survey, or mentioning the name of a
product or company, I just say "Not interested thanks" and hang up. I
actually feel a bit sorry for the people with these ****ty jobs. I
wouldn't have felt sorry for your caller, but then she never would have
got the chance to swear at me.