Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default What size wiring for Central A/C compressor?

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 3/5/2013 7:20 PM, Mikepier wrote:
What about the outside disconnect? It is just simply a "pull-out"
type disconnect, no fuses, just solid copper buss bars. I don't see
any rating for it. How do I know it's rating? Or are all these type
of disconnects just a standard rating?

I personally don't like the pull out disconnects because they can
corrode from mishandling and pranksters can make off with the pull
out. I use the Square D dummy breaker in a rain proof box. It looks
like a standard Square D QO breaker but with no over current
protection and a real circuit breaker will actually snap-in in its
place. ^_^

As for pranksters, my disconnect has a a padlock, the key to which is kept
in the main circuit-breaker box (which also has a padlock).