Nova

Default Blade burning problem

Mike Ballard wrote:

Hi -

I have a 14" closed-base Jet bs (bought a few years ago), cool blocks, no
riser. Pulley belt is properly tensioned. I have a 1/2" (6 tpi I think)
Suffolk blade. I have no idea how much wood I've cut with the blade but
haven't used the saw for a number of months and don't remember if this has
been a problem before - very strong burnt wood smell when cutting.
Doesn't matter if it's 3" maple, 1" walnut, 3/4" birch ply. I could be
wrong but I think I have to be cutting something for at least an inch or
so before the burning wood smell starts.

Are you making a straight cut or cutting a radius? If it's a radius is perhaps
the 1/2" blade too wide for the radius being cut, where the back of the blade
is binding in the kerf?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA