Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What size wiring for Central A/C compressor?

On 3/5/2013 7:20 PM, Mikepier wrote:
What about the outside disconnect? It is just simply a "pull-out" type
disconnect, no fuses, just solid copper buss bars. I don't see any
rating for it. How do I know it's rating? Or are all these type of
disconnects just a standard rating?

I personally don't like the pull out disconnects because they can
corrode from mishandling and pranksters can make off with the pull
out. I use the Square D dummy breaker in a rain proof box. It looks
like a standard Square D QO breaker but with no over current protection
and a real circuit breaker will actually snap-in in its place. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/afjtpkh

http://preview.tinyurl.com/bav4wkr

TDD