Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Eastec: Inyone goin?? Ping Ed H.

Hey EA,

Look up our old pal Al if you go. Must be a top quality place!!

http://www.easteconline.com/eastec2013/public/Booth.aspx?IndexInList=21&FromPage=ExhibitorList.a spx&ParentBoothID=&ListByBooth=true&BoothID=129174

Take care. Really.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 13:14:16 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

May 14-16, in Mass.

Q: I went a year or two ago on a Hurco invitation. Now ahm tryna sign up,
and I gotta pay??

So who pays and who don't pay? Sheeit, I figger if ahm buyin a 15,000# Haas
GR510, SOMEBODY oughtta gimme some tickets.... right????

Ed H, you goin?? Heh, if you drive, I'll pay the gas.... LOL
I'm actually on yer way out there!

The last visit was perty inneresting, altho lemme tellya, there was a dearth
of freebies, indeed.
After a whole day of finagling, I think I walked out with a cap, one pen, a
1/8" nitride coated endmill, and a 79c Walter 4.5" cutoff wheel -- oh, and
55 lbs of fukn catalogs.....
"course, walking up to the various booths, bellowing, HEY, WHATCHOO GOT FER
FREE??!!! proly wadn't the best strategy, either.

Sheeit, even at the local Haas open house, I wound up with a set of Turner's
cubes, a 5-axis race car, and at least a half-dozen good pens....

Some notable absences at the last Eastec as well: Haas, cupla others.
These expos really hit vendors hard.

Overall, tho, a tremendous educational experience. Highly recommended for
kids, college-bound high-schoolers, budding matchinists, engineers,
inventors, pert near everyone/anyone cobbling anything together.

Heh, be prepared for the $10 hot dogs, tho.... LOL