Posted to rec.crafts.distilling,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default practical side of Smartstills (etc)

"Nick Odell" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 00:18:59 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Feb 27, 11:17 pm, Carl D wrote:
I understand you can buy these 'water purifiers' in the UK
and then follow the 'New Zealand only' instructions for
illicit purposes. :-)

I've looked at those instructions on the websites, but they
don't tell me a few practical things, which I wonder if
anyone here can advise me about.

How long does a batch take to run?

How much electricity does it use?

If you buy one of these, do you get visits from the
'revenooers' asking to see what you're doing with it?

thanks

Pretty easy to poison yourself or go blind.

Just out of idle curiosity, do the fusil oils
etc pre-exist in the original wine or beer

Some of them certainly do. That's why
you need top age it before you drink it.

or are they created by the process of distillation?

Not as much.