Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Insurance qustion

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 20:15:08 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

So I compute my best plan of action is to decline U-Haul's offer,
whatever piddly amount it turns out to be, and march against them in
small claims court. Counting the damage, replacement vehicle rental,
and loss of consortium, I should file for about, oh, $3000. I
further estimate that U-Haul will likewise compute that it would
cost them more to defend the suit than to just cut me a checky-poo
for the three grand.

Your experiences along these lines, observations, and advice would
be much appreciated.

Not going to happen. Most they will give you is book value. Maybe a
good adjuster will kick in a few bucks more just to get you to sign
immediately, but they won't be intimidated at all by your threat of a
lawsuit.

I went to law school. While I never practiced law, I did learn you NEVER
threaten suit. You do or not do.