Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Shoot through the door

wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 20:10:56 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

That sounds just like the same ignorant drivel spouted by those who claim
that it's risky to load your own for self-defense.

When you look at what you can buy these days, why bother?
Reloading made sense when 9mm and .45 was FMJ loaded for the rustiest
old gun SAAMI could find.
Now days there are high performance bullets in +P or P+P velocities.

It depends on how much you shoot. I reload because I like to shoot a lot.
Also I have a small 40 cal that I like to shoot 155 GR bullets in and
download it some so it does not kick as much, but still does not cause
feeding problems. At 20 feet or less, that small loss of velocity should
not mater.

What are those high performance bullets costing ? A dollar or more each ?

Also with the big buy out now, it is difficult to find the loaded ammo of
most kinds. It is also difficult to find components now also. It is less
costly to store the bullets, powder,and primers than it is the loaded stuff.