Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Tape

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:

What kind of tape do you use mostly in duct tape applications?

Whatever cheap duct tape I have on hand.

I'm out of gaffer's tape, only had a six year supply when I retired,
and I just used the last. Bought some Gorilla tape once, and it was
really tough, and stayed soft a while.

Never used Gorilla tape, so no comment on it or how it compares to
Gaffer's tape, but you'd know that best, since you've used it. I do know
this much, when Gaffer's tape is appropriate, duct tape is not a suitable
alternative.

Is there any equivalent to gaffer's tape, and where it is sold, what
is the "proper" name for asking a parts man?

No need for an alternative Steve - google Gaffer's tape and you'll find it
close to home. Walmart carries it, among other common retailers.

--

-Mike-

I had to tape a freezer cord to the floor a few years ago. Used gaffer's
tape, and walked on it for years. When I finally did pull it up, it was
just like I had recently put it down.

I used some Gorilla tape for something recently. I was taken with how it
sticks to itself, and to whatever it is applied to, and stayed supple.
Equivalent duct tape would have started to dry out and flake.

I have to have this vacuum stay together all day long, so this Gorilla tape
application will be a good test.

Steve