Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Min circuit requirements for central vacuum motor in basement.

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 16:36:56 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

On Mar 4, 7:24*pm, Mikepier wrote:
As the subject states, I'm re-doing a friends basement and need to
relocate a central vac unit. It was connected to an outlet shared with
the gas dryer. *Are there any code requirements that require these
central vac units need to be on their own circuit? I could not find
any ratings on the unit to determine what the current draw is.

buy a clamp on ampmeter and check current draw for yourself. those
meters are very handy to have.

Seperate circuit is always nice, I would go with 20 amp line

My 30 year old Beam is rated at 12 amps and is on a dedicated 15 amp
circuit.