Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Out of production small gears???

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:08:08 -0600, dpb wrote:

I've a couple old B&D belt sanders that are my favorites for balance,
weight, size, etc., etc., etc., ... At the moment there seem to be none
in production w/ 3x24 that have similar physical dimensions--I have a
Makita but it turns out to have 3" rollers on the 4" body so it's
excessively bulky and similar issues plague every other current model
I've been able to find.

Preamble out of the way, what's wrong w/ these is that the drive gear on
the end of the motor rotor and it's matching gear wear to the point they
slip and then it's done for. There are no spare parts available (these
went of of production in the late '70s/early '80s).

So question is, does anybody know of anywhere one might affordably be
able to have some replacement gears made?

So what do these gears look like? Got any pictures? Are they a right
angle gear set? We need more info.
Eric