Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default What size wiring for Central A/C compressor?

base my assertions on practical experience where I've worked. It
may be different where you did your electrical and HVAC work for
a living. Perhaps the authorities interpret the NEC differently
where you have done your professional electrical and HVAC work?

Far more likely they apply the correct section of Code for the purpose
at hand.

It would be far better to reference the specific Code in question or
even the controlling jurisdiction which would likely lead to being able
to find the relevant Codes in play. I strongly suspect if that were
done it would be found that the installation under discussion is
compliant there as well.