Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default I'm fixing a hole...

With apologies to the Beatles, there's no rain getting in, but there is
definitely some "mind wandering" involved.

In short, I made a mistake last night that has left a maybe 1/8" hole in
the side edge of a maple face frame. Two actually. I measured once, at
night, at the end of a day filled with family obligations, so an error
was to be expected, I guess.

Anyway, how do I fill it? The face frame is as yet unfinished, and won't
be stained. Is it as simple as a light-colored wood putty? Or is there a
cleverer approach? If sawdust from the same stock is required, I have a
more than adequate supply.