Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Stud Finder

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 3/3/2013 3:54 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 03/03/2013 11:50 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Finally got around to testing the stud finder from the
Place-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named*. Street price is $9.95. The
instrument does
an accurate job.

It finds studs, which is what you'd expect a stud-finder to do. It
also finds METAL studs (or any metal) behind the wall. That is, it
might do a fair job on pipes.

It finds, and traces, current carrying wires and will tell you, via
a beep,
if an electrical outlet is live.

All of these detections feature variable sensitivity.

And, just for grins, it includes a pretty bright LED light AND a 36"
ruler
(so you can measure over 16" (or 24") for the next stud!).

Beats the heck out of my 20-year old former unit, which mainly just
guessed!

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-in-1-...ter-92375.html

----------
* Not named because the mere mention of this company causes some to
experience distress, palpitations, and excessive salivation.

Harbor Freight? What the hell? Listen here, son, unless you buy a
$10,000 stud finder you're just wasting your money! Throwing your
money away!

The only way to buy a tool is to buy the absolutest most expensive
tool you can fine. To hell with your budget, to hell with putting
food on the table; unless you buy the best, most expensive tool (as
determined by ME), you are and idiot! You hear that? And idiot!

By god, this is what my daddy taught me, and by god, you had better
listen to me!

Of course I suppose there might be a reason to buy a cheap tool, if
you're one of those idiot losers who is only buying it to use ONCE in
your cheap-ass, ugly, broken down house. So yeah, I guess if you're
just some idiot schmuck, go ahead and buy it, but you need to stop
wasting my precious time by posting about it because I only have
time to consider the most expensive tools I can buy!

Jon

Here's the stud finder I want, of course I'll have to make some money
on a job somewhere in order to purchase one. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/avch9wo

Tempting, but I am NOT going to get caught in another trap by claiming the
$9.95 model that I bought is "comparable" to the Milwaukee $199.99 offering!