Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Will a Cast Downpipe into a Plastic Downpipe

BT Newsgroup wrote:
Hi

I would like to replace a cast gutter downpipe with plastic to fit water
butt and diverter, the cast looks slightly smaller to my untrained eye
and I wondered if I could just cut the cast downpipe and slot it inside
the plastic rather than replace everything. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Hodge

Replace the untrained eye with a trained measuring device!
No guarantee that it will/wont fit without checking
Years ago I purchased a plastic heat shrinkable adaptor to make a ****
proof joint between a new plastic pipe onto an existing CI pipe.