Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default securing lead metal to wood with methacrylate adhesive?

On 3/3/2013 5:06 PM, Stanley Schaefer wrote:
On Mar 3, 11:19 am, John wrote:
I have a project that requires securing lead to plywood. Would a
methacrylate adhesive be suitable for this? Thank you.

Wouldn't think so. Metal to wood needs a little give in the
adhesive. Wood moves, metal doesn't. Try some of the construction
cements that come in a caulking tube or silicone adhesive. If it's
like lead sheet covering a roof vent or the like, lead-head nails are
the way.

Stan

As usual, I recommend Goop for dissimilar material bonding.

Pick a flavor.

For this, probably plumbers Goop since it's a lot less viscous
that the others. That would help make a uniform film thickness.