Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stud Finder

On 3/3/2013 3:11 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 3/3/2013 3:04 PM, wrote:
On Mar 3, 1:50 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Finally got around to testing the stud finder from the
Place-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named*. Street price is $9.95. The instrument
does
an accurate job.

It finds studs, which is what you'd expect a stud-finder to do. It also
finds METAL studs (or any metal) behind the wall. That is, it might do a
fair job on pipes.

It finds, and traces, current carrying wires and will tell you, via a
beep,
if an electrical outlet is live.

All of these detections feature variable sensitivity.

And, just for grins, it includes a pretty bright LED light AND a 36"
ruler
(so you can measure over 16" (or 24") for the next stud!).

Beats the heck out of my 20-year old former unit, which mainly just
guessed!

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-in-1-...e-tester-92375....

* Not named because the mere mention of this company causes some to
experience distress, palpitations, and excessive salivation.

Your asterisk describes me to a T. I am salivating right now.

LOL. You're salivating for a stud finder.

Isn't Kate Upton a stud finder? ^_^

http://kateupton.com/

TDD