Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:25:35 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 00:06:00 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 22:40:31 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

It seems the bolt carrier group is the hard to get part for AR-15's
currently. I have found old Colt M16 A1 parts kits, "good to excellent"
minus lower receiver and barrel (plus missing auto-sear or disconnector).
Would the M16 bolt carrier group be good in an AR-15?

I found some bolt carrier groups in stock for $300 but the M16 parts kits
are available in the $500 - $600 range, seems to be a better value maybe. I
read a review of one of these parts kits being assembled, they said it was a
good shooter.

RogerN

Jesus. For a poodle shooter? I paid less than that for a classic Black
Beauty Double in 12 gauge, and the forcing cone was even relieved for
star crimps.

What are you going to do with it if you ever finish it?

If that is a Baker Black Beauty I just saw one in "almost like new"
condition offered for sale. One scratch on left side of action, one on
right side of barrel and a small chip out of the butt stock. $900.

Possibly it's mine. g I sold it around ten years ago. I had enough
shotguns and wasn't hunting rabbits or pheasants anymore.

I think I got $650 for mine.

If it hasn't had the forcing cones relieved, don't shoot star crimp
shells in it. I've owned two shotguns that required roll crimps, and
they're a PITA to load.

--
Ed Huntress