Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,can.politics
harry harry is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Mar 2, 7:44*pm, Clive wrote:
In message
,
harry writesYou fail to grasp that "bunker oil" is not necessarily residual fuel
oil.
It could be diesel.
Or any other oil used to power ships.
Whereas residual fuel oil is the crap left over when all the useful
stuff is removed.
****ferbrains.

Bunker oil it a much longer chain molecule than ordinary diesel making
it much more viscous so is heated to about 100c to thin it down to use
in a ships diesel engine.
The longer the molecule chain the more energy as it has as the ratio of
carbon to hydrogen increases.
The residue or stuff left over when all the flammable fuels are taken
off is tar used for road making, there is virtually no waste from crude
oil.
--
Clive

Residual fuel oil is burned in steam boilers. Very large marine IC
engines can be designed to run on it too.
http://www.saacke.com/fuels/standard-fuels/heavy-oil/

I should know, I was responsible for burning hundreds of tons of the
stuff.