Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default AR-15 & M16 Bolt Carrier groups

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 22:40:31 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

It seems the bolt carrier group is the hard to get part for AR-15's
currently. I have found old Colt M16 A1 parts kits, "good to excellent"
minus lower receiver and barrel (plus missing auto-sear or disconnector).
Would the M16 bolt carrier group be good in an AR-15?

I found some bolt carrier groups in stock for $300 but the M16 parts kits
are available in the $500 - $600 range, seems to be a better value maybe. I
read a review of one of these parts kits being assembled, they said it was a
good shooter.

RogerN

Jesus. For a poodle shooter? I paid less than that for a classic Black
Beauty Double in 12 gauge, and the forcing cone was even relieved for
star crimps.

What are you going to do with it if you ever finish it?

--
Ed Huntress