ARWadsworth

Default should unswitched live should as live on a neon screwdriver?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
. 1...
On 15 Nov 2003 14:40:39 -0800, dave L wrote:

As a matter of interest do people who know more about electrics than
me (that'll be all of you, then) use these neon screwdrivers?

I have one and use it occasionally when I can't find my prefered
tester a "Volt Stick". The big plus about the volt stick is that is
non-contact, you can see if a cable is live without needing to be at
an end or cut into it.

There are times when a neon can be more useful than the volt stick e.g. when
testing inside a central heating control centre. The volt stick picks up too
many signals from adjacent cables.

--
Adam