Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default I'm off to buy (another) miter saw

wrote in :

On 01 Mar 2013 21:25:04 GMT, Han wrote:

snip

Sometimes buying lower quality allows you to lay out less, test the
techniques with that machine, and buy higher quality when you want to.
Sort of going from a biscuit joiner to a Domino (g,d,r).

If that were the way I worked, I'd *never* buy a Domino. I have a
biscuit joiner and hate the thing. OTOH, I haven't bought a Domino,
either. Yet. ;-)

No, I'm a long-time member of the pain-once club.

I have a biscuit joiner for sale. So far only nibbles, no takers.
As the Festoolers have said, you buy a Domino and that is automagically a
30-day trial (I forget the specifics). There must be a local hardware
store near you that sells it ... Then let us know what you do at the end
of the trial.

--
Best regards
Han