Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default circular saws and Skilsaw

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 10:27:06 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 3/2/2013 10:11 AM, basilisk wrote:

In the 70's, I had the oppurtunity to work with a builder of that skill
set, worked as part of a 3 man crew building from ground up, foundation,
framing, roofing, siding, sheetrock, trim etc. It was an education by
people that knew the business

no such path to building skills exist this day and time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

Well said, and the absolute, and IMO sad, truth.

Then again, I suppose it is to be expected ...

In my younger days I had the pleasure of working with some horseman who
came from an era when horses were still the major means of
transportation and an everyday experience for most of the population.

Those guys died knowing more about horses and horsemanship than 100% of
the current crop of "horseman" in the last 50 years.

No doubt.

I remember the last working horses(almost horses) in the cummunity
I grew up in, a matched pair of Belgian cross mules used to skid logs.
The work they could turn out in a day was impressive.

For the most part the old timers were glad to be rid of the beast,
and wouldn't even considered owning another horse.

basilisk