Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default I'm off to buy (another) miter saw

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 19:29:53 -0500, wrote:

I do have an HF (10") SCMS. I also have a Bosch 5312. While there is
a world of difference, I still use the HF to whack 2x4s. I don't care
if it gets wet. ;-)

Perfect scenario. Cheap tools have a place. For the guy putting in a
couple of closet shelves, the HF tools get the job done, but it is not
what the cabinet maker will want.

A few years back I wanted to try my hand at woodworking. I bought a
cheap Craftsman bench top saw. I used it for a year, found that I was
pretty good at woodworking and enjoyed it. Then I bought a Delta with
a Biesemeyer fence and it was like getting out of the Ford Pinto and
into a Lamborghini.