Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Filling an imperfection

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:25:58 -0800 (PST), "Gramp's shop"
wrote:

John ...

Thanks for the reply. It is a rather modest natural defect. I think it adds a bit of interest to the piece, but my customer -- my son -- believes it is an imperfection that needs correction. I'm going to try to educate him on the vagaries of wood and the inherent beauty therein. This is hard rock maple, not laminate for heaven's sake!

Hey, Larry! See if you can show him how to do some inlay (wood,
stone, or colored epoxy) which would make it a point of interest
instead, if you can't convince him otherwise.

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron